Monday, February 28, 2011

Where in the World is my Voice??

Last week was INSANE.  A professor from Bethel, Dr. Zalanga, flew down to Guatemala to teach economics in the afternoons.  This essentially means we had class from about 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM.  It didn't help much that I started out last week waking up without a voice...I've had a cough for about two months, and it just got worse!  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I woke up without a voice, and Wednesday I stayed home from school, hoping that some rest would help me out.  Unfortunately I had an 8-page paper due on Thursday, so I had to stay up late working on that (me, being the procrastinator I am, hadn't quite started it yet...).  I survived Thursday and Friday, and was excited to finally relax a little Friday night.  Another girl from the trip, Emily, and I ended up watching A Very Potter Musical (the perfect remedy for sickness).  Unfortunately, the next morning we had to wake up early because we had class with Dr. Zalanga all day.  What a long day it was!  I was so happy to finally be done!  Saturday night I finally got to talk with my roommates (besides Michelle) on Skype!  It was so great to finally see all their beautiful faces!  I also started getting caught up on Glee!  On Sunday I went to church at a very small Presbyterian church with Becky, the coordinator of our group, and two other girls from Bethel.  When we walked in we were greeted by everyone with a hug and a kiss on the cheek!  What a greeting!  We sang some songs in Spanish, read some passages from the Bible, and heard a man speak about them.  We then all went to a place called El Macarone for pizza.  We took it to go so that we could have a little picnic in Central Park!  After our picnic, I grabbed my homework and headed to the office to work on some things before I talked to my parents and Emily on Skype.  Later that night I also finally got to Skype with Katie!  I got to see so many people I love from home this weekend!  Today, we had school in the morning, and then most of us walked up to the Cross, which is on a big hill in Antigua.  We got a GORGEOUS view from there, and took some great pictures!  Hopefully those will be up on Facebook soon!  I am still loving it here!  Hope you are all doing well!

Con mucho amor,

Rosita

2 comments:

  1. I WANT PICTURES.
    :)
    Just kidding. I'm sure you are having a wonderful time in SUNNY GUATEMALA, and I see that you are learning lots of new words! (Glitter, eh?!)
    I'm sorry that you have been sick. We are all sick here too! (I blame Alecia/Jake...) Get well soon, Rosie-poo!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are an amazing person!! I'm so proud of you. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete